MS: Get Your Head Around It!
An online course for People with Multiple Sclerosis wanting coping strategies.
The ‘MS: Get Your Head Around It!’ program was created by Dr Sally Shaw, a PwMS and a psychologist, after decades of working with people with MS in Melbourne, Australia. Living with MS is such a different experience for everyone, and yet we all share a common experience of uncertainty. MS: Get Your Head Around It! has been designed to bring together the best psychological approaches to living well with MS across several domains; self identity, self management, communication, and stress management.
Learn some important psychological coping strategies, and move forward strategically to live well with MS!
Get your head around MS so that you can get back to focusing on your life.
• Examine your own MS diagnosis story.
• Review questions we all had at diagnosis – you are not alone!
• Explore your self-identity and enhance core components to wellbeing.
• Discover the key principle to coping with change.
• Learn some self compassion following a diagnosis of MS.
• How to approach living with MS strategically.
• Get your head around self management.
• Putting MS into perspective – MS is not your boss (but you can’t fire it either).
• Identify your red flags and live your life (don’t ignore OR get consumed by your MS).
• Do you think there might be a link between stress and MS?
• How to manage different stressors – the basics that will help.
• The importance of identifying what you have control over.
• Working hard to identify the joy as a key component of stress management.
• Examine why it is so hard to talk about your MS.
• Learn the difference between ‘effective’ and ‘comfortable’ communication.
• Develop a strategic approach to communication with your loved ones.
• Feel empowered to communicate well.
Watch engaging videos and animations to explain concepts and explore psychological strategies to make a difference to your life with MS.
Game changing ways to look at MS in your life to make sure that you equip yourself with the valuable tools needed to cope with this diagnosis.
Less than an hour a week for four weeks to watch videos and complete worksheets to help you Get Your Head Around MS.
Dr. Sally Shaw is a Psychologist and PwMS, and will help you get your head around living with Multiple Sclerosis.
Sally Shaw, DPsych
Sign up now and receive access to one Module per week for four weeks. This course will be yours to review for three months, and all handouts are downloadable and printable.
Click here to find the details!