Watch engaging videos and animations to explain concepts and explore psychological strategies to make a difference to your life with MS.
LEARN THE SKILLS YOU NEED
Game changing ways to look at MS in your life to make sure that you equip yourself with the valuable tools needed to cope with this diagnosis.
LESS THAN 1 HR EVERY WEEK
Less than an hour a week for four weeks to watch videos and complete worksheets to help you Get Your Head Around MS.
• Questions of self identity now that you have MS
• Difficult communication with the people you love
• Not knowing how to approach living well with a chronic health condition
• Stress levels feeling out of control
Learn some important psychological coping strategies, and move forward strategically to live well with MS!
• Positive approach to living with Multiple Sclerosis
• An ability to embrace self management goals
• Effective communication strategies specific to MS symptoms
• Confidence that you can do this!
Get you head around MS so that you can get back to focusing on your life.
Module 1: Who am I now? Self Identity after a Diagnosis of MS.
• Examine your own MS diagnosis story.
• Review questions we all had at diagnosis – you are not alone!
• Explore your self-identity and enhance core components to wellbeing.
• Discover the key principle to coping with change.
• Learn some self compassion following a diagnosis of MS.
Module 2: The CEO Analogy. Managing a life with MS.
• How to approach living with MS strategically.
• Get your head around self management.
• Putting MS into perspective – MS is not your boss (but you can’t fire it either).
• Identify your red flags and live your life (don’t ignore OR get consumed by your MS).
Module 3: Stress Management 101 for PwMS (it’s really important).
• Do you think there might be a link between stress and MS?
• How to manage different stressors – the basics that will help.
• The importance of identifying what you have control over.
• Working hard to identify the joy as a key component of stress management.
Module 4: The Communication Continuum. How to talk about your MS with the people you love.
• Examine why it is so hard to talk about your MS.
• Learn the difference between ‘effective’ and ‘comfortable’ communication.
• Develop a strategic approach to communication with your loved ones.
• Feel empowered to communicate well.
This course was built because people with MS need more than just google searches and the medication prescribed by doctors when they are first diagnosed with MS. They need coping strategies and help to frame their perspective of what this diagnosis will mean to their lives.
This course doesn’t tell you which diet to go on, or that you should be doing more exercise (although, more exercise isn’t a bad idea to be honest), but it will help you to be strategic in your thinking about MS, so that you can live well with it, no matter what it throws at you.
Really, I just want to help you get your head around MS so you can keep on going, and keep on being you!
No matter what happens, you will be ok. I look forward to working with you, Sally